1. Caramelized onions are a great way to get in the serving of healthy oil that WW recommends. Finely chop 3 onions, heat 1 tbsp EVOO in a large flat bottomed saute pan, add the onions, then after 10 mins reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, for about an hour. For more detailed instructions I followed this link. I divided it into 4 portions @ 1 point each. It was great on a whole wheat pizza crust with herb/garlic cheese & mushrooms, but equally good on a salad or in a sandwich.
2. A grande decaf non-fat latte remains only 3 points on the new plan, counts as a milk serving and still feels like a treat to me. I indulged in one at the mall this afternoon.
3. It really helps to keep fruit in your car or purse. They even sell tupperware designed to protect the different shaped pieces! I was at a playdate today and was saved from the lure of the 4-point cookies by having an apple stashed in my bag.
4. 40 minutes on a treadmill goes a lot faster when your best friend is on the elliptical next to you and you can chat & catch up. Plus it was a good indication that our exercise had reached the desired intensity when we became too out of breath to continue our conversation!
5. My favorite new low point food find? Joseph’s flax, oat bran & whole wheat pitas. Low in carbs, they make great sandwiches, they are readily available at both my local grocery stores, and they’re only 2 points each!