My husband and I are heading off for a much-needed “mini break” (to quote “Bridget Jones”) in San Antonio, TX this weekend. The weather forecast is for sunny with temps in the high-80’s….quite a welcome contrast to cold, rainy MA! Here is my plan to keep my eating & exercise on track:
- We are staying in a suite with a full kitchen. There is a small grocery store in the building, so we plan to stock up on a few basic food items (fruit, milk, eggs, light bread) so we can at least make simple breakfasts and snacks in our room and avoid eating out for every single meal.
- We are not planning to hire a car, so I hope we will get lots of exercise walking around the city.
- If I feel like I need additional exercise, there is a fitness room and a pool in the place where we’re staying that I can use.
- It will be hot, so I am reminding myself to drink lots of water!
- Try to make healthier restaurant choices…lots of veggies & fruit, fewer carbs, lean protein, limited desserts & no daily ice cream! For example, the place we’re eating on Saturday night offers a naked bison burger with no bun & no fries, but sauteed spinach & mushrooms instead…sounds yummy!
I’ve decided not to try & find a Weight Watchers meeting in TX on Monday. I don’t like surprises and I won’t be able to check my weight before the meeting. I would rather give myself a few days at home to get my weight back down & miss one week’s weigh-in.
Wish me luck!